Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Badger at Night 8/30/2013

  Below are a couple of photos I took recently from the deck of the S.S. Badger a ferry that runs from Ludington, MI to Manitowoc, WI.  Out in the middle of Lake Michigan the stars shone so brightly that I had to try to take some photos, even though I my tripods were still in my car, which was inaccessible, below deck .  I cranked up my camera's sensitivity up to ISO 25,600,  set the shutter for 6 seconds and braced the camera against fixed objects on the deck.  The vibration and rolling of the ship caused the the star images to streak a bit but the parts of the ship which vibrated and rolled together came out clear enough, so a tripod wouldn't have helped much anyway.

Bridge of the Badger


Milky Way from the deck of the Badger

No comments:

Post a Comment