Tuesday, February 14, 2017

New Camera Test

  With the trusty Canon 5d Mark III's odometer indicating 120,000+ shutter actuations and an impending solar eclipse event coming this smmer , it was time to pull the trigger on a new camera purchase.  I liked the Mark III but with the Mark IV recently becoming available I went for the newer model. 

   This morning was one of the few clear mornings that we've had this winter.  The waning gibbous moon gave me an opportunity to test the lens and teleconverter combo that I plan to use for the eclipse in August.  

500mm lens + 1.4x teleconverter f/11 @1/1250 sec ISO 1250

Closer crop of above photo.
  One big advantage with the new camera over the old is that my 500mm f/4.5 lens will autofocus with the teleconverter installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment